Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Rimmel London Apocalips in Stellar

Hi everyone! i'm finally on my Easter holidays from college and even though I have a lot of college work to get through I'm sure that I'll be posting a lot more regularly here.

I was really looking forward to trying out Rimmel's Apocalips when I heard about their release, there was a lot of good feedback on a lot of blogs reviews I read of this product, but I'm not sure if it lived up to the hype for me.


I loved the packaging of this!! Really cool, unique design. There are 8 shades, Celestial, Galaxy, Apocaliptic, Big Bang, Nude Eclipse, Nova, Stellar and Luna. I chose the shade 'Stellar' as I felt it was a nice bright orangey red shade. I think the color is really bold, not something for the faint hearted, and although I've worn it a few times I think I would probably get more wear out of Nova or Luna, which are more toned down peachy, neutral shades.


The pigment of this lip lacquer can't be faulted. It's bright, not patchy at all, with a nice sheen. However if you're eating or drinking it can get all over the place, I even ended up looking slightly like the Joker when I took a bite out of a burger forgetting I had it on haha! It does also tend to get all over teeth, sleeves and boyfriends.
It doesn't leave a sticky feeling at all and it is quite easy to forget you have it on I suppose, although after a while I could feel it drying out my lips slightly, and that could be a big problem for me as I have very sensitive skin. However I've asked friends and they said they didn't really notice this so it could just be me.
(excuse the breakout on my chin, having a bad week skin wise)

I felt that for the price this is a good product, maybe if you're going out for a few drinks or just dandling about work or college, where you have plenty opportunities to re apply. However if I was going out for dinner or a hard night drinking on the town I'd probably give this a miss as it could get very messy haha!

I got mine in boots for a reasonable 7.95eur.
What do you think, experiencing any of the same problems? Do you think the different shades make it easier to wear? 
I'm off to the gym now to try Zumba for the first time, nervous but excited!!



4 comments:

  1. That colour is fab on you! Just found your blog, love it! Such a pretty layout too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thank you! I'm still getting used to how to set up layouts and everything :) Really love your blog too! Followed :) xx

    ReplyDelete